Gold wire (0. – 0.5 mm); Head pin (16, 14, 12 mm) 5 mm rings; Sturdy flexible wire (0.9 mm, 3 x 20 cm); Stem - Brass or Tombac alloy
Notions for decoration - White ribbon (4 mm wide); Gold thread;
Flat-nosed pliers (to tighten wires, close rings); Jewelry cutting pliers – small and large (hard wire); Narrow flatnosed pliers; Glue for non-porous material
The tree has ten levels, stands on three legs and is finished off with a glued tree-top.
Making the Tree (Levels 1 is Top Level) Levels 1 & 2
These two levels are made with six loops made of 6x R, that are interconnected (Level 1 R10 and Level 2 R8).
Levels 3 & 4
Sew the base just like Level 2 with R8. Then add another six loops made with R10 (Level 3 - 8 pcs and Level 4 – 12 pcs ).
Levels 5 & 6
Use the same steps as Level 3 and 4, and again add an additionalsix loops, each made of 4 x R8. Add new loops to the tops of the existing loops with R10 (Level 5 - 10 pcs, Level 6 - 14 pcs).
Levels 7 & 8
Use the entire Level 5 as a base. Add new loops to the tops of the existing loops with R10 (Level 7 - 14 pcs, Level 8 - 18 pcs).
Level 9 & 10
Use the entire Level 7 as a base. Add new loops to the tops of the existing loops with R10 (Level 9 - 18 pcs, Level 10 - 22 pcs).
Finish off the loose wire ends by twisting them together or by winding two wires.
Decorating the Tree
Put 6 x 4 mm, 12 x 6 mm a 15 x 8 mm beads on head pins.
Attach them to the Levels using rings:
On Level 1 and 2 attach 4 mm beads on every other loop; On Levels 3 through 6 attach 6 mm beads on every other loop; and On Levels 7 through 9 attach 9 mm beads on every other loop. On Level 10 add 8 mm beads on each loop.
Tie a bow on one of the empty loops on Levels 4, 6, 7, 8, and 9.
Putting it all Together
1. You will need three wires that are 0.90 mm in thickness and approximately 20 cm long.
2. Measure 5 cm from each end (all six ends) and bend to nearly 90 degrees. 3. Thread R6 and make an eyelet on each of the six ends.
4. Put wires together and thread 6 x R1 on these „trunk“ wires.
5. Then switch levels and thread 1 x R1.
6. You will not add R1 on Level 1 – instead create the treetop: First, on top of the last R1, cut off two wires using large cutting pliers.
Tie two rings on the wire using 6 x R8 and 6 x R10.
Add 1 x R8 onto the top.Take off the treetop, both rings, the two top levels, and 2x R1.
7. Brush glue onto the wires and set them back into place.
8. Once the glue is dry, decorate the tree with gold thread.
Share this project with your friends